Journal of Cachexia, Sarcopenia and Muscle (JCSM) - Abstract
Volume 1, Number 1, Page 7 - 8
Ethical guidelines for authorship and publishing in the Journal of Cachexia, Sarcopenia and Muscle
Stephan von Haehling, John E. Morley, Andrew J. S. Coats, Stefan D. Anker
The principles of ethical authorship and publishing in the Journal of Cachexia, Sarcopenia and Muscle (JCSM) are:
1. all authors listed on the manuscript have approved its submission and publication as provided to JCSM;
2. no person who has a right to be recognized as author has been omitted from the list of authors;
3. each author has made an independent material contribution to the work submitted for publication;
4. the submitted work is original and is neither under consideration elsewhere nor has it been published previously in whole or in part other than in abstract form;
5. all original research work is approved by the relevant bodies such as institutional review boards or ethics committees;
6. all conflicts of interest, financial or otherwise, that may affect the authors’ ability to present data objectively have been duly declared in the manuscript;
7. the manuscript in its published form will be maintained on the servers of JCSM as a valid publication only as long as all statements in the guidelines on ethical publishing remain true;
8. if any of the aforementioned statements ceases to be true, the authors have a duty to notify the editors of JCSM as soon as possible so that the information available online can be updated and/or the manuscript can be withdrawn.
von Haehling S, Morley JE, Coats AJ, Anker SD. Ethical guidelines for authorship and publishing in the Journal of Cachexia, Sarcopenia and Muscle. J Cachexia Sarcopenia Muscle 2010;1: 7-8.